Wednesday, March 24, 2010

How to select motorized treadmill For You


Basketball - John S WM by Assembly Solutions


When you are looking for a treadmill for your home, you want to get one that is going to work well for you. Yes this treadmill is expensive, but that expensive cost is more than made up for by the warranty that simply cannot be beat. One of the most important factors in using a treadmill to increase your fitness level is the variety of your workouts. My brother-in-law was almost 350 pounds 3 months ago and the Sole F83 didn't have any issue carrying his weight at higher speed. Here are two great treadmill workouts you can use if you are pressed for time. With a non-motorized treadmill, you go only as fast as you push yourself.electric treadmillSuch innovative designs encourage even the most stubborn homeowners to buy one and keep at home.Granted it doesn't exactly mimic an out door run but it works great when you just can't get out.As you can see, the price rises with the higher level of quality and durability that is built into each of these machines and that is to be expected. However, there are a large number of treadmills on the market. And since it's still selling really well, more and more companies have begun manufacturing them. The treadmill has been the best selling at home fitness machine for decades so many companies manufacture them.


WebWorkerDaily readers are a diverse bunch. Every week, I profile a different reader and ask them to share what they do, how they do it, and some of their favorite hints and tips.



Who are you and what do you do?



My name’s Lisa Solomon and I wear three hats in the legal industry. Through my law practice, Lisa Solomon, Esq. Legal Research & Writing, I assist attorneys with all their legal research and writing needs, including preparing and arguing appeals and drafting substantive motions and trial memoranda. Through my coaching and consulting practice, Legal Research & Writing Pro, I show other lawyers how to start and run successful practices as contract (freelance) attorneys and teach lawyers in all practice areas how to write more persuasive briefs. I also blog about contract lawyering and legal writing. Finally (along with my partner and husband, Mark), I operate The Billable Hour Company, which sells humorous gifts and greeting cards for lawyers and legal professionals.



What’s a typical day like for you?



After dropping my son off at school, I return home and get on the treadmill desk in my downstairs office. I check my email, catch up on Twitter, and dive into work, all while walking at 2.2 mph. I try to get a couple of miles in before breakfast, which I eat at my desk in my main office upstairs (perhaps while treating myself to some Facebook Scrabble). Then it’s back to my treadmill desk, where I may be doing legal research, drafting a brief or talking to a client on the phone (a headset comes in handy for longer calls). I might address administrative issues related to my practice or occasional inquiries from Billable Hour Company customers. Once I’ve finished my miles for the day, I continue working in my main office. When my two kids get home from school, I take a quick break to say hi before the sitter supervises their homework or drives them to after-school activities. I stop to make dinner and spend time with my family in the early evening. Once my son is in bed, I go back to work for a few more hours.



What gear and software do you use, and why?



In my primary home office, I have an older (2005 vintage) PC running Windows XP, with a 23.5″ widescreen ASUS monitor. When I’m at my treadmill desk or on the road, I use a Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop (also running Windows XP). When I’m using my treadmill desk, the laptop is hooked up to a supplemental 17″ monitor for more screen real estate. And I love my Canon Color Imageclass MF8170c multifunction printer: it’s a real workhorse.



The software and web apps I use most often are:




  • Intellect! from Chaos Software for email, calendaring and contact management

  • TweetDeck to manage my Twitter stream

  • Second Copy to sync files between my desktop and laptop

  • Firefox with the Readability, Print What You Like, Colorful Tabs, TinyURL Generator and the Facebook Toolbar add-ons installed

  • Google Calendar to organize my family’s activities and appointments

  • Gmail for supplemental email (my ISP is currently blocking messages from an active listserv I’m on that is important to my practice).

  • TextPad text editor (only one of my web sites is built using a blog platform; the other two don’t have any back-end content management system)

  • Endicia for Internet postage

  • Foxit Reader for viewing PDFs

  • Carbonite for remote backup

  • Kaspersky antivirus

  • Taskbar Shuffle

  • Wordperfect 12 (my preferred word processor) and MS Word 2003

  • Excel and Powerpoint (from MS Office 2003)



When I want to access the internet from outside the office, I use WMWifiRouter to wirelessly connect via my Samsung Omnia phone.



What’s your favorite web working tip?



It pays to be an early adopter. I was one of the first lawyers to recognize and take advantage of the technological advances that make outsourcing legal research and writing services practical and profitable for law firms of all sizes. When I launched my law practice back in 1996, I had to drag some of my clients, kicking and screaming, into the Internet age. Although I could do legal research online, my dial-up connection was painfully slow. But making the leap online early on has helped me gain the visibility and make the online contacts that are critical to success in an information-driven profession.



If you would like to be profiled on WWD, get in touch with me at simon (at) gigaom (dot) com.



Take Zillow.com, the real estate Web site, where people can hunt for prices and other details about houses. Zillow’s iPhone app adds GPS. People walking their dog through the neighborhood can snoop on the prices of their neighbors’ homes.


“It’s a way better experience in the field than on the PC,” said Rich Barton, Zillow’s chief executive. “When you’re walking or driving, you get estimates or homes recently sold — stuff you can’t see.”


Nine million people visit Zillow’s Web site each month, according to the company. In less than a year, its app has been downloaded by more than one million people, who view the details of two million individual homes on their phones each month.


Zillow is starting to sell mobile ads to local business and real estate agents, an opportunity that surprised the company. “We thought it would be an extension of our brand, not a money-making entity,” said Amy Bohutinsky, vice president of communications at Zillow.


A new version of the app released in February added rental listings and the ability to share Zillow’s home data, photos and property values on Facebook and Twitter.


Yelp’s mobile app is another example. Yelp’s Web site is useful for looking up reviews of the restaurant your date recommended or finding a good tailor near your home.


But on a cellphone, it gets a lot more useful. Yelp’s iPhone app uses GPS to search businesses near you and then gives you directions to get there, so you can find your way around in an unfamiliar city, for instance.


Earlier this week, I had five hours to kill between interviews in Silicon Valley. I needed to go somewhere nearby with wireless Internet, food and coffee. In two minutes, Yelp gave me the name of a cafe five minutes away, and I was armed with driving directions, recommendations on what to order and assurances from customers that there were electrical outlets and the proprietors did not mind people spending hours there.


Pandora is another example. As I wrote about on Monday, cellphone apps for the Internet radio site have brought 35,000 new listeners a month as people realize they can listen to music on their phones on the treadmill or in the car.


What other apps work best in their mobile form?





Do you wish to have your own treadmill at home but you worry that it may not compliment the style of your home? You will be able to run indoors which is very safe rather you are at a gym or at home. That treadmill we're talking about is the Sole F80 motorized treadmill.You can get a full 15% incline, allowing you to train well no matter what the weather is like outside. With a sturdy constructed frame, and full options you're going to love how great and easy to use this machine really is. home treadmillThe extra large running surface and one touch speed adjustment deliver maximum performance during the workout. When looking for a higher end 'commercial grade' treadmill for your home gym, consider a 'lighter' version of a commercial treadmill model or a home fitness equipment brand that is known for higher end machines. First of all, the frame of a commercial treadmill is made of a high alloy steel or aluminum, and is welded, as opposed to put together with nuts and bolts, like consumer grade equipment. Professional gyms have been a popular choice to visit as there are expert trainers that provide classes for proper workout methods.

No comments:

Post a Comment